Bree

I wanted to post about a beautiful Spring day at 80+ degrees...but instead I'm posting about how my head feels like a balloon and I'm getting crankier by the minute...even though I truly am TRYING to enjoy this weather.

I get over the plague only to be bombarded with evil little pollen monsters. These evil little beings are invading my nose, lungs, and mind, to drive me crazy. I refuse to sit inside with some steamer and towel over my head on a day like this. I took an antihistamine and I'm sitting here on my deck...probably being covered in yellow pine pollen.

At least the sneezing has stopped...at least my eyes aren't weeping like a faucet...or red like Ive been licking onions. My head still feels like a brick though. Even my dear Neti pot is rejecting my sinuses. I have to practically stand upside down just to drain them. I took a Sudafed...it did nothing other than make me feel like I'd had a pot of coffee. So I am a manic, stuffy, crabby person. Even worse, I am getting angrier...for I can bite the heads off all these chocolate bunnies...but not taste them. This is cruel.

I really wish I could squirt Afrin in my nose every darn day...its like instant freedom...its miraculous!...it's magic!...but it causes rebound congestion and you end up worse than before.

I made some Kool Aid...but I cant taste it. The flowers are blooming...but I can't smell them.

I'll probably end up retreating for the living room, only to be resigned to playing Super Mario 2 for the next 6 hours. This way I can curse at the TV and get all cranky at that.

Last day of Spring break and Ive spent the entire thing with a virus...and now allergies...soon to be some infection. I bet I start oozing green in no time. While everyone else is enjoying some sweet tea and a sunny walk...I guess I'll just go inside my cave, make some chicken broth..and get my steamer. Stupid pine trees.
0 Responses