Bree

Nothing speaks louder to me on this marvelous romantic day better than a big ole super frosted pink cake shaped like a heart. It's real, it's perfect!, it's on my counter....next to the roses.
Actually, Im quite fond of the roses as well, but for some unknown reason they seem to wilt quickly. I change water, change vases, add super secret of life packets...but no...they shrivel, sag, or droop in a day or so. Maybe roses aren't me. They are so perfect, mild, delicate. Me? I dunno. I figure I'm a wildflower type....you just never know what's going to sprout up in life with me. Maybe my hubby would be better off skipping through the forest edge along the highway and gathering random bits of colorful twigs and thistles...but then again he might bring me a bouquet of poison ivy...and besides...he really should never be seen skipping.
No, he did the right thing. he brought me cake AND roses.
How can he go wrong with sugary goodness? It won't wilt, need water, or an expensive crystal vase....just a plate. I can enjoy the calories for days (before I go on a diet) while watching my poor roses wilt. Maybe I can add a few plastic flowers to the vase...you know...to give the illusion that Im good with plants.
Isn't Valentines Day grand?
0 Responses